May 25, 2011

Simple Handbag *pattern*

This is a very simple design I came up with. The entire pattern is done with 2 strands of yarn held throughout. I've tested this pattern twice, but if u find any mistakes, feel free to let me know! Also, I'd love to see your finished projects. I'd like to start a section on my blog with other people's interpretations of my patterns! Email me any picture of your final projects!

Enjoy the pattern!

Simple Handbag
6.0mm
2 strands held together throughout pattern




ch 35
row 1: sc in 3rd ch from hook
row 2: ch 2, dc scross bottom side of chain (at the end of this row, you should be back where you started in row 1)
row 3: ch 2, dc around
row 4-10: dc around
row 11: dc 10, ch 15, count 10 spaces from opposite side and join with dc. This creates the opening for the
handle
row 12: 1 dc around and fo

Rose
 I got a pretty, simple rose pattern from here. I just didnt use the leaves that are also stated in the pattern. After I was done, I just sewed the rose onto the bag and that was it!
Hope u enjoy!!!






You can also make variations of this bag using this same pattern. Just add more rows (in the pattern its row 4-10) to create a taller bag. And in the pattern where you're creating the handles, just make more chains to get a longer handle. This is a different bag I came up with...






The possibilities are endless with this pattern! You can use a bow, a rose or just leave it plain. I like the rose better personally, but its totally up to you! Feel free to email me pictures of your finished projects! I'd love to start a section on my blog showcasing other's interpretation of my patterns!!




4 comments:

Tea said...

Thanks so much for sharing this with us!

Brittany said...

My pleasure! I'd love to see a picture of your finished work so I can share it on my blog :-)

Anonymous said...

i love the bags but i just started crocheting and i really don't know how to read the patterns. if it is possible can you make me a video of the bags you made

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of the pattern but your instructions are not understood well. The lines are not completed.