January 20, 2010

Bows, Bows, Bows (*pattern*)

I think bows are a cute add to any accessory. Lately I've been seeing a lot of girls with them on headbands, and decided to try to make my own. They're super easy, really quick and absolutely adorable to wear!


More hair accessory patterns:



The pattern for the headband and bow are super duper easy...



Headband (pink and black stripped)
foundation single crochet (fsc) 48,
ch 1 and turn (if u want to change colors, do it then ch1) if unsure how to do fsc, click here for youtube tutorial
1 dc in each fsc across (48)
(switch back to main color)
ch 1, sc across and finish off

For the bow
hook g

ch 25
rnd 1: ch 2, hdc across (start in 3rd ch from hook)
rnd 2-4: continue to ch 2, hdc across. sew the back of strip together to form a cuff

Center of bow
ch 8
hdc across (start in 3rd ch from hook)
put around the bow and sew in the back to form the bow



For barrettes, you can get clips from any craft store. Just glue them on and let them dry over night! U can make the bigger or smaller by increasing or decreasing the number of chains you do in the beginning of the pattern.














Hope U Enjoy! I'd love to see your finished work, so please feel free to email me pictures so I can feature your work on my blog!








   


37 comments:

Cherisse said...

I think they are adorable; good job!

Brittany said...

thx cherisse!!

Cherie said...

The bows are lovely! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

what size needle did you use

Brittany said...

You should use a G size hook... I'll make sure i add that in there

Darlene said...

A G hook and worsted weight yarn? What type of glue did you use to attach them to the clips? Thank you, Darlene

Brittany said...

Yes ma'am!! I used tacky glue for the barrettes and put it under a heavy book, or a stack of magazines over night and it holds great

becca said...

wow. ive been looking for exactly yhis pattern foreva! thanks!

Brittany said...

Glad to help hun!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Brittany! You have made my day! I am exited about the bows! My granddaughters (4&3) will love them too. Thank you, Pam

Courtney said...

amazing! i just need to learn the fsc. you did a great job. :]

Brittany said...

I'm glad everyone is enjoying my pattern...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this pattern. It is just what I am looking for to finish off my Little Bits Fingerless gloves. =)

The adventure of a redneck mommy. said...

these are SUPER cute.. and the perfect addttion to the headbands ive been making for my two little girls age 4yrs old and 2 months

laurence said...

it's wonderful..even if i'm a native french speaker so my english is very bad...
thank you

Brittany said...

Thank u guys very much... I'm glad 2 help u all with my pattern!

Julie said...

These are soooo cute! I just want to add them to everything!

Julie said...

These are so cute!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I found your pattern through a crochet website and OMG this is the cutest thing ever! They look so amazing in your hair and I can't way to try to make them myself. Thank you for sharing!

Celia

Christy Warford said...

Thanks for the pattern, they look so cute!!!

Melissa Akers said...

I have a question! So do you join the headband together or do you leave it in two separate strands to tie together? other than that LOVE the bow headbands!

Anonymous said...

So cute. Good ideas with the variations.

Brittany said...

thanks guys! @ Melissa, I did not join the ends together. I actually tied 2 pieces of ribbon on either side so the person wearing it can have it as tight or loose as they want

ladybugboutique2011 said...

What a cute pattern! Thank you so much! I will be sure to post your link on my etsy shop

Sarah said...

Love them! Thanks for sharing your patterns! I knit but think I will try to crochet too! :)

Anonymous said...

These r so cute ....
So what do u mean by "sew the back together"?
I didn't get it sry :)
Please reply thx

Amanda Kay said...

Super cute!!

Brittany said...

Thank u!

Anonymous said...

You are talented and inspiring. May God richly bless you.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
teresa said...

thx this is what i've been looking for.

blackdimond80 said...

I made some headbands last night and they came out supper cute.
Do u have a pattern for a now made with any other stitches?

Anonymous said...

i love the bows but i think you should do a video because im not good with the different names...so i cant even try to make them

Brittany said...

I've been getting a lot of request to do a video, I will try soon...I'm kinda shy!!

mib said...

l liked this easy bow pattern and linked your pattern on my page. you can join me at ALHUMDULILLAH-ana-Muslim.blogspot.com.

Vivian said...

I love this idea!!My 22 yr old son loves bow ties. He likes the feeling of silk. I know there are some very nice soft cotton thread and yarns out there. Can they be used? If so, what hook and thread number would you suggest to use and will it change anything? Thank you.

Lois said...

Thanks! This was perfect.