May 31, 2010

Bow Ties (*pattern*)



I have a friend who has a really unique sense of style... He wanted me to make him a bowtie, here's what I came up with...

The pattern is really simple, pretty much the same thing as my bows, bows, bows  pattern, just with some minor adjustments...
I chained 45,
hdc in 3rd ch from the hook,
ch 2, hdc across for 7 more rounds.

 I used an 'I' hook for this project.

For the bow center,
ch about 15,
sc across for 3 rounds.





For the strap,
measure the person's neck and chain however many inches you need. Once your chain is complete, hdc across for 2 rnds. I sewed a small button on the back of the bow so the strap can fasten to it.

I'd love to see your finished work, so please feel free to email me pictures so I can feature your work on my blog!

For my latest pattern (a cute knotted heandband) click here
For my latest super easy scarf pattern click here
Both great for last minute gift ideas!

Hope U Enjoy & Happy Crocheting!!

Photobucket           


13 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so cute!!! Great Job!

Sherry said...

LOVE your bowtie pattern! Too cute!!!

Brittany said...

thank u guys!

Brittany said...

thanks! hope u enjoy :-)

Anonymous said...

Will the bowtie already form lol or will i he to tie it myself?

Brittany said...

The bow will form once you tie that piece around the middle

therunawaytrain said...

Thank you for sharing this pattern. I am looking forward to making it.

Bow Ties said...

Nice Article. This Post Written An Excellent.

Brittany said...

Thank u!

Lee Ann said...

Great pattern! Many thanks for sharing! :). This is my first visit to your blog and it is terrific!
_______
Lee Ann

Crochet...Gotta Love It! Blog


YouTube Channel

#crochetgottaloveit
#crochet

GammySel said...

Wanted you to know I made this tie with slight modifications-- I love it,

Anonymous said...

When you say "rounds" as when u use Hdc across for 7 more rounds do u mean hdc across then do 7 rows of hdc?

Unknown said...

Where has this pattern been all my life! Lol. Thanks so much for sharing :)